Thank you for choosing Precision Epilepsy, PLLC for your child's epilepsy care. We've included helpful items on this page to ensure you and your child's first telehealth consultation visit is productive, stress-free and enjoyable.
Pediatric epilepsy practice that utilizes innovative telehealth technology so all children affected by seizures have improved access to specialized care. Care focused on "Precision Diagnosis" to confirm the most accurate and specific diagnosis to guide personalized therapy and improve outcomes.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Improving the lives of the children we serve by providing quality care via secure and convenient telehealth.
- Listening to our young patients and their families who we are privileged to serve.
- Guiding our patients along a path of optimal health and wellness.
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing education.
If you're preparing for your child's first telehealth visit, you can do a few things to help expedite the appointment:
- First, register at the AthenaHealth Patient Portal and select a convenient appointment time.
- Medical records from your previous neurologist can be securely shared via the "Ciitizen.com" platform. This is a free service that will collect medical records directly from your child's previous hospital and store the pages in a secure cloud. EEG reports, MRI reports, genetic testing reports, and neurology clinic notes are the most important information. Engaging in epilepsy research is optional. Please register here and share your child's profile with Dr Millichap.
- Note the Insurance policy. Only Medicaid is accepted at this time. Self-pay for all other insurance types. Please visit Office Information page for more.
What is Telehealth?
- Telehealth is a way to visit with healthcare providers, such as your doctor.
- You can talk to your doctor from any place, including your home. You don’t go to a clinic or hospital.
- You talk to your provider by phone, computer, or tablet. Video is used so you and your doctor can see each other.
- We will not record visits with your doctor.
- We use telehealth technology that is designed to protect your privacy.
- Please review the telehealth consent form here. There will be an electronic-signature form available via the Patient Portal prior to your first consultation.
- If you don't have the resources for telehealth, the Child Neurology Foundation Digital Access Program may be able to help!
Our compassionate Chicago epilepsy experts do whatever it takes to make every telehealth consultation a pleasant, relaxed experience. With all of the important information about our practice available on our website, you can feel confident that you and child are well-prepared for your first appointment. We also invite you to review our staff page in order to get to know Dr Millichap. We look forward to "virtually" meeting you.
Some potential reasons for specialized epilepsy consultation or topics for discussion include:
- Precision Diagnosis: By using all available information, confirm that the most accurate and specific diagnosis to guide personalized therapy and improve outcomes.
- Latest Testing: Discuss types of EEG (e.g. routine, ambulatory, Phase I/II), types of imaging (e.g. MRI, PET, SPECT), Genetic Testing (e.g. gene panel, WES, WGS), and MEG.
- Antiseizure medication selection and optimization.
- Ketogenic Diet and other dietary therapies.
- Neurostimulation therapy (e.g. VNS, RNS, DBS).
- Neurosurgical techniques and when are they appropriate to consider
- SUDEP Risk Assessment.
- Preparation for Transition from Pediatric to Adult provider: "bridge" consultation utilizing the Child Neurology Foundation Transition Toolkit.
- Febrile seizures: confirm the diagnosis and discuss risk factors for epilepsy.
Following the consultation, the information collected will be summarized and the diagnostic impression and recommendations expressed.
- The documentation can be transmitted to you and any provider you specify.
- Please note that due to the nature of multi-state telemedicine practice, Dr Millichap cannot be a primary treating provider. All treatment plans and prescriptions must be carried out by a local qualified provider.
- Dr Millichap can be securely messaged through the AthenaHealth Patient Portal between visits.
For urgent issues, contact your local treating doctor. In case of emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.